Easy way to Check IO

bornwild

Hey all,

I am trying to check in logix designer in emulator and I need to check the hmi alarms by toggling bits to activate an alarm . But sometimes the bits are overwritten so it is not possible to toggle them and I need to add a branch around them to check the IO. Is there an easy way to do it? I have around 500 alarms which I need to check to simulate and check if the description is correct in the HMI.

Why are things overwriting alarms? That doesn't sound like a good thing, warnings probably fine, alarms.. no those should remain active. Use your alarm condition to fire an alarm bit, the bit then latches around the conditions until acknowledged.

If you put all alarms in one program and not call it or disable the call you can force the alarm bits on so it will not be overwritten by the un-called program, test the alarm messages then put the call back in.

Thank parky. Guys, please give me some tips on emulating. I have already a plc software and now I am checking the alarms messages. I really have trouble emulating.
first I have alias tags
I have produced consumed tags
I have IO and safety task.
Is there way I just download the program to the emulator without changing so many things for the emulation to run. Am I missing something? It is pain in the leg making the emulation run with the current program .