Kinetix 6000 E 81 Fault on all drives(16)at once . What could be the cause ?

Rob S.

Good Afternoon ,

I have a strange problem with 2 banks of Kinetix 6000 servo drives . The machine is running along for about 10 minutes , and the machine stops and I get E 81 Faults across all the drives , then they reset themselves . Have you guys ever seen this happen and could it be a power issue ? No changes have been made to the machine .

Thanks so much in advance ,

Is this a relatively new installation?
Are the drives on AC incoming power?

E81 is a Common Bus Fault and according to the knowledgebase may be caused by having the wrong setting for "Bus Regulator Configuration" in the drive's properties. This fault will occur if "Bus Regulator Configuration" is set to "Common Bus Follower". For AC power, it should be set to "Shunt Regulator".

1014366 - E81 on a Kinetix 2000/6000/7000
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Thanks Sir . This machine and it's Kinetix 6000 units have been the same application for almost 8 years . Yes Sir , I did read that tech note . Could it be power related ? On all the property tags I see nothing related to power .