Factory Talk Studio ME - VStudio.exe missing dll

Peter Laing

My FT Studio ME 9.00 install (Win 7) has recently broken. When I try to start it I get wa popup message as follows: "VStudio.exe The program can't start because ot1120asu.dll is missing from your computer."

I have just uninstalled - rebooted - and reinstalled it, with no success. I had a similar issue with Beckhoff TC3 a couple of months ago, and a re and re-install fixed it. I've also tried running FT Studio with the TC3 service disabled (thinking that since they both use VStudio components there might be some issue) but it has not helped.

I'm not pressed to use FT Studio at the moment, but I would like to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else has experienced a similar issue and would like to share experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

I wonder if this is the result of an antivirus? I see how it could confuse this software with a virus. :)

edit: Actually, KB454556 explains the problem. Access Level: Tech Connect

Last edited:
Thanks DM,

As a semi retired freelancer I don't have a tech connect account but I expect that I can find someone to help me out.

Cheers,

Pete

Adding this entry:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell
to my Windows Environment Path variable fixed the problem.

What is the solution for this problem ??? I've this problem as well. Check the ot1120asu.dll and i can find it in the folder but stil got the error

@Bino

Try the environment variable change mentioned earlier in this there, or put a copy of it in the same directory as the FT executable.

@Bino

Try the environment variable change mentioned earlier in this there, or put a copy of it in the same directory as the FT executable.

Thx !!!, added the map / path to the system variables in Environment Variables and it worked again without error.