Siemens Protool

Crkondekar

I am trying to convert a Protool backup to WinCC 2008 SP2. I can start the migration wizard and the PDB file passes the consistency checks. But the migration gets stuck at 5 sec remaining during the conversion.
When I close WinCC and try to migrate the sane file it give me the error - "Unable to migrate the file, because the migration components are not installed"

Any suggestions to what I should try ?

stuck on 5 sec.PNG Fail to open.PNG

I'm not sure but I seem to remember you cannot migrate from protool to wincc2008 the function was broken in wincc2008, you can however migrate from protool to wincc2007 then migrate from wicc2007 to wincc2008.

Steve

I'm not sure but I seem to remember you cannot migrate from protool to wincc2008 the function was broken in wincc2008, you can however migrate from protool to wincc2007 then migrate from wicc2007 to wincc2008.
It was with 2008 SP3 that migration was dropped.
With 2008 SP2 it was (is) still possible.