ML 1400 to Festo FB36 (Modbus TCP)

creativepaper

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a MicroLogix 1400 series B and need to control valves on a Festo valveblock.

The Festo uses FB36 as the modular interface cards which can communicate either ethernet or modbus TCP.

I heard that the MicroLogix 1400 has native Modbus TCP support but problems with CIP messaging through ethernet (reason for focusing on the Modbus TCP).

I setup the Festo and ML1400. I can ping the Festo and examine it and force valves open using the Festo Maintenance Tool.
BUT....
The ML 1400 returns no errors on the MSG instruction to manipulate valves and the valves do not open.
The MS and NS light on the Festo FB36 are blank (TCP light is flashing).

If I change the Festo FB36 to ethernet (DIP switch), the MS light remains on.

Has anyone controlled a Festo valveblock through FB36 from a ML 1400 before with Modubus TCP?
Can I control it with Ethernet instead?