Automation Direct DL06

The 4 color (grey scale) is $495. The 256 color is $695. Remember, these prices do not include the interface cable or software for first time users.

God Bless.

TO be exact its a 4 shade blue STN screen with the capabilities of using popups. Not many things come with software and cables but to be informative I think they offer a fully working demo version of their software,:
http://www.hmidirect.com/index_productsbycontroller.htm
The cost of the software is $75 if I read correctly. Overall not that bad.

The cable is either $45 or $70 and they offer a variety depending on controller but they also offer wiring diagram to build your own if you want, click on the part number for the controller you are using:

The cable for the many of the Koyo/automationdirect models including the DL05 is here:

I offered this as general information, the choice isnt mine in this situation but I am thinking of using one for a project I have coming up. As I stated I have a bunch of the outdate MicroOIT's and some of the newer models that have worked great for many years.

Last edited:
Unitronics

Steve, it just good old ladder logic with few FB in it for extra functionally. I have to say there are some very good solutions being post here. I’m just like Unitronics. Lots of bang for the buck and you get everything when you buy a unit.

For anyone who is following all this, I have been doing a cost comparison for the system I initially described in post #1 (12 Digital Inputs, 12 Relay Outputs, 2 Analog Inputs (1 @ 0-10VDC & 1 @ 4-20mA), 1 Analog Output (0-10VDC) and 2 quad. encoder inputs). Using the info I have received from the responses here, this is what I have come up with so far:

I am seriously considering 3 possible solutions:
1) A DL06 main PLC with a DL05 remote and Koyo's 6" Color Touchscreen
2) A DL06 main PLC with a DL05 remote and Maple Systems' 6" STN Touchscreen.
3) The Unitronics V280 with the Snap-In I/O module (includes Touchscreen and PLC)

While I have level the playing field as much as possible, I am aware that I am not making a truly direct comparision between the touchscreens in 2) and 3). However, each of the two touchscreens offer a feature that the other doesn't; the Koyo offers 256 colors but does not offer pop-up screens and the Maple is offers only four shades of blue but does have pop-ups. These seem like reasonable offsets to me.

I will have to purchase programming software and required cables for any system I purchase so this is included in my consideration. I have included these costs separately.

1) All Automation Direct (Koyo) - Total Comparative Price = $2,068.00

EZ-S6C-KS: 6" Color Touchscreen $789.00
EZ-2CBL-1 : Touchscreen to PLC Com. Cable $19.00
D0-06DR: DL06 PLC (1 Quad. Input) $215.00
D0-05DR: DL05 PLC (1 Quad. Input) $99.00
F0-04AD-1: 4-Channel Analog Input - 4-20mA $79.00
F0-4AD2DA-2: 4 AIN and 2 AOut - 0-10VDC $185.00
Total Price of Components $1,386.00

PG-PGMSW DirectSOFT32, Ver. 4.0 Software $495.00
D2-DSCBL PLC Programming Cable $29.00
EZ-TOUCHEDIT Touchscreen Prog. Software $139.00
EZTOUCH-PGMCBL Touchscreen Prog. Cable $19.00
Total Price of Software & Cables $682.00

2) Koyo PLC with Maple STN HMI - Total Comparative Price = $1,767.00

HMI520M: HMI500 Touchscreen, STN LCD $495.00
7443-0039-5: Touchscreen to PLC Com. Cable $50.00
D0-06DR: DL06 PLC (1 Quad. Input). $215.00
D0-05DR: DL05 PLC (1 Quad. Input) $99.00
F0-04AD-1 : 4-Channel Analog Input - 4-20mA $79.00
F0-4AD2DA-2: 4 AIN and 2 AOut - 0-10VDC $185.00
Total Price of Components $1,123.00

PG-PGMSW: DirectSOFT32, Ver. 4.0 Software $495.00
D2-DSCBL: PLC Programming Cable $29.00
EZware-500: Touchscreen Prog. Software $75.00
7431-0098: Touchscreen Prog. Cable $45.00
Total Price of Software & Cables $644.00

3) Unitronics - Total Comparative Price = ?
I have only just requested a quote from them so I have no numbers to share yet.

Just thought you might like to see the breakout so far.

Steve

I think you can subtract $346 from each quote.
You quoted $495 for software, but that is the package that programs all Direct Logic PLCs. If you are only programming only the 05 or 06, you can buy this package for $149.

cjh,

Thank you for pointing that out and you are correct.

I decided I want to spend the additional $346 for the full programming package rather than the one for only the 05 and 06 so that I would not be handcuffed in the future.

I really should have listed the lower priced seletion in my write-up since my goal was to identify my lowest cost solution. Failing that, I should have at least clarified that choice.

Thanks again.

Steve

DL06 AIN instruction

Help!!!!

I'm working with a DL06 and I'm using AIN instruction to get the weight from scale. My program was working fine...and now I just can't get it to read again.

I checked port 2 configuration and set it as: non-sequence, 9600, 8 bits, no parity. I have set these parameters for scale too...

Any idea of what could be happening????

mi program is very simple...

_||x0_________set C6
_||c6_________AIN port 2, var. lenght k16, v2000, terminal code 0D, busy c0, complete c1, no timeouts.
_||c1_________out c3

Does any one can tell me how to wire a RS232 cable to communicate the scale with my PC.

This is the scale config.
DB-9 female:
1 Remote tare
2 TxD
3 RxD
4 DSR
5 GND
6 DTR
7 CTS
8 RTS
9 Remote Print

The port busy bit must disable the AIN instruction like shown below. If the instruction is not disabled, the instruction will 'walk' on the previous transmission causing it to fail.
Code:
     C0     C6
|----|/|----| |------------------[AIN Port 2]

The cable should be made as follows (not sure what else may or may not need to be jumpered on the scale side):

Code:
 DL06                         Scale Config
Port 2                        DB-9 female:

3 RXD ------------------------- 2 TxD
2 TXD ------------------------- 3 RxD

7 GND ------------------------- 5 GND

4 RTS-|                       |-7 CTS
5 CTS-|                       |-8 RTS

Please take this to a new thread if you have more questions.