"RS logix 5000 Question" Having trouble Creating produced or Consumed tags online

randy741985

"RS logix 5000 Question" Having trouble Creating produced or Consumed tags online

Having trouble Creating produced or Consumed tags online...Can anyone tell me. Is it possible to create a produced or consumed tags online?

dmroeder said:
That's because you can't. You have to create them offline and download.
OK Thanks

Quick question If you change the proceesor to program mode then would it be possible to do this and not have to do a download?

OZEE said:
No, you have to create them offline and download.
One other question ozee

I am trying to add a producer for a consumed tag in a CLX program but im having trouble configuring the producer in that program. It is going to be on eithernet network not the backplane.Can you Give me some direction?

randy741985 said:
One other question ozee

I am trying to add a producer for a consumed tag in a CLX program but im having trouble configuring the producer in that program. It is going to be on eithernet network not the backplane.Can you Give me some direction?

Attached images are for CompactLogix, but theory is same for Clgx

In the consumer, you must create a link to the producer:

consumer_link.jpg

Then create a consumed tag, and in the connections properties, provide the name of the plc to link to and the name of the produced tag

consumed_tag.jpg

Then in the producer PLC create the Produced tag and how many connections are required

produced_tag.jpg

How to find consumed tags in a program

Hi,

I am doing an upgrade for a customer and I am having trouble finding all the consumed tags. Is there any way to find all the consumed tags?

You should probably start a new topic, rather then add a post to one that is 7 years old, but....

Open your program, go to the controller tags, click on the 'Configure' filter, Select "Consumed" from the drop down, and select all tag types.