Automation Direct DL06 LCD

DaveP

I am using a Automation Direct DL06 PLC with the LCD. I wanted to read out in real time the accumilated time on a timer. I am confused about whether or not I have to Load the info into a V memory and then try and load that v memory into the LCD display block or can I load the information directly into the LCD from the timer.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

I pointed Dave here from the A-D forum, since you rarely get help there on the weekends... :rolleyes:

I haven't used the LCD display yet, but I can probably help answer this question anyway.

You won't have to load the timer's accumulated value into a V-memory location. Timer accumulated values are located in V-memory location 0-377. The V-memory location corresponds with the timer accumulated value. For example, Timer 10's accumulated value (TA10) is in V0010. So, displaying V0010 gives you Timer 10's accumulated value.

It looks pretty easy to embed data in the LCD (page 10-29). Note that the accumulated value won't have the decimal point in it!

beerchug

-Eric