DL 06 Series PLC (PID LOOP?)

phasor

Does any one know anything about the DL 06 by automation direct
using the directsoftware32? I have the books but they are tooooooooo
technical... I just interested in home automation and controls. I am trying to use to sensing inputs using the analog input module which can be operated by using the PID LOOP Method of the PLC, however I do not understand how to setup the loop and access it through the ladder logic... can anyone help... :(

Last edited:
why do you have a PLC if you think the books are too technical?

Would you purchase a car without knowing how to drive?

PLC...setup...PID

If the A-D manuals are too technical for you, then you're in over your head. They are some of the best written manuals I've read... :nodi:

Unless you're willing to take the time required to learn PLCs, stick with the X10 stuff for home automation. Not to be condescending, but there even an "X10 for Dummies" book available. No one has written one of these for PLCs (yet). Care to take a crack at writing one, Terry?... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

phasor - instead of asking "how do I set up a PID?" - which is a BIG subject - why don't you tell us what you're trying to get your system to do? - tell us exactly what hardware you have - what type of sensors you're using - what type of output devices - what are you trying to control? - temperature? - water flow? - etc.? - if you'll give us enough information to work with, you'll get better answers -

I'm going to upset Peter and Terry, but if this is for a home project as a learning experience, just start playing with the loop and see what happens?

In Directsoft, pull down the PLC tab, goto Setup, then PID.

At the next window, enter the V-register start of the PID loop(s) and the number of loops you want, un check the "Re-read PID date" option and go update and exit.

At the next window start to confiqure the loops, you can auto transfer the analog data from & to the analog cards if you check the option box for that, but I prefer to do this in my ladder.

Also make sure you set the output upper limit to your required value.

Hope this helps

Last edited: