Networking with Stratix 5400

zacslade

Hi all,

I've got a couple of machines on a network, characterized by the attached picture.

The network isn't that complicated, and seems to be working as you would expect during runtime. With respect to the network, each machine is just a few VFDs, a Panelview and the PLC. If it makes a difference, Machine A PLC is a 1756, and Machine B PLC is a 1769.

Here's the weird thing:

When I download code to the PLC at Machine B, all devices on the Stratix 5400 for Machine A lose network connectivity with one another (not just with PLC B).

Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? Any ideas?

Network Diagram.png

I'm not sure this applies to the 5400, but on the larger switches, the out of the box configuration "freezes" all the ports when it detects a new connection, this is supposed to be some sort of duplicate IP address check. It burned me once, that's how I know. So..if you are doing a new connection of your laptop, then that could be the issue. Just a thought.