ET200 Subnet mask change

hmmm... I have connected it to my master switch with a different subnet mask and it did not update it.

I compiled all and it is still not correct

anything else I could try?

have you downloaded new config?

Not yet, do not have hardware yet. It is offline config only so far.

@JesperMP

Thanks I have set up IP and subnet mask on my PN controller config.
Still have not changed anything but it is me doing something wrong I guess...

I will have a play a bit and maybe will sort it out. It cannot be that hard :D

2.png

I think that the Subnet and Router settings in the IO Devices are syncronized to the IO Controller, even if it does not appear so in the dialog.

In TIA V15.1 I have a setting for each device "syncronize router settings with IO Controller". It is set by default, and the subnet and router settings of the IO Device mimic the IO Controller. I am guessing this behaviour is the same as V14, you just dont have the option to clear the "syncronize router settings with IO Controller" setting.

Another observation. In your picture, above subnet mask you have it set for Not Networked, add a new subnet then subnet mask is available.

No, he should not add a new subnet. He should assign the IO Device to the IO Controller.
It then gets connected to the existing network as the IO Controller is connected to and gets its other parameters from the IO Controller.
Anyway, he probably has gotten past that already.