RSLinx Classic drivers to RSLinx Enterprise

Mark@GBW

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to take backups of some of our equipment, PLC and HMI. In RSLinx classic I have all the ethernet drivers configured for the machines, I can see each PLC and HMI. I'm running Factory talk view studio ME 8.1 for the Panelview/HMI's but this runs RSLinx Enterprise for communications. Is there a way to copy my drivers from RSLinx Classic to RSLinx Enterprise (I don't think the backup/restore utility will do this), or am I faced with the task of manually adding each device again in Enterprise?
I know there have been a few threads about Linx classic and enterprise but none I have read seem to answer my question.

Thanks in advance

RSLinx Enterprise is installed and running as a Service within the Operating Systems of the PCs or HMI terminals as opposed to the RSLinx software which, even if it is capable of running in 'Service Mode' it still is a PC only stand-alone communications utility.

The only user interface with Linx Enterprise is the FactoryTalk View built-in applet, which, as far as I am aware, does not have any back-up functionality.