1769sc-IF4IH requesting information for .HartFault

mehsham

I have configured ControlLogix HART card but it's my first time working with compact logix HART card.

Unlike ControlLogix card, in compact logix a ton of the attributes are hidden or not access. IE (PV, SV, TV, HART Fault).

I was able to use a base line program from SPECTRUM (1769sc-IF4IH card has been designed by them) and managed to get the PV, SV, TV to populate.

I am stumped with HART fault bit in compactlogix. In ControlLogix HART card, 4) .Hartfault but can be used when an instrument has faulted and covers many parameters. However with 1769sc-IF4IH card, the only bits that I think I could use are as follows:
- OS0-OS3 bit (when channel is out of service)
- U0-U3 bit (open circuit condition)
Please refer to section 6.2 in the user manual
https://www.spectrumcontrols.com/media/1418/0300215-03_a0-manual_1769sc-if4ih.pdf

I would really appreciate if you guys can identify a bit in CompactLogix HART card identical to .Hartfault.

The compactlogix controller is 1769-L36ERM and running 20.14 firmware. The Hart Card revision number is 3.1 Series A

your manual, on pg 73, Ch7 table 1 shows the comms fault/no device bit

If4ih0Packet0[X,0].HartChannelID.5

Thank you for your response Scott. It appears that this bit only comes on if there is communication issue with the end device. A more thorough test will be done when I am on site.

I’m not up to speed on HART however the 1769sc-IF4IH comes with a TechConnect support contract so that you don’t have to have a TechConnect account to get support from Rockwell on the product. If you can’t get what you are looking for from them you can Email Spectrum at “[email protected]”. If you do contact Spectrum let them know what your ticket number is from Rockwell (not required but helpful).

I’m not up to speed on HART however the 1769sc-IF4IH comes with a TechConnect support contract so that you don’t have to have a TechConnect account to get support from Rockwell on the product. If you can’t get what you are looking for from them you can Email Spectrum at “[email protected]”. If you do contact Spectrum let them know what your ticket number is from Rockwell (not required but helpful).

Thank you Firejo! Will do that if it comes down to this.