SLC 5/05 to 1761-NET-ENI to SLC 5/05 serial port

bradal

Hey guys,

Trying to get this working and have looked through a few articles. I have a SLC 5/05 at 192.168.10.160, a 1761-NET-ENI on the network at 192.168.10.151 that is connected to the serial port of another SLC 5/05 (through serial licensed radio). In the routing table I have node zero as 192.168.10.151. I have read some of Ken roaches posts that say the routing table is unnecessary for this to work, but for now I have it in there. I can ping all of the IP's, I can see the "remote" PLC in RSlinx. I am trying to message Read/Write to the remote without success. I have tried the multi-hop with the address as 192.168.10.151,1,0 and 192.168.10.151,0,0. Neither seem to work. Any assistance for me?

Thanks guys!

Sorry, I dont have an answer to your question, but I am wondering why the second 5/05 is connected through a net-eni rather than directly into your ethernet network

controlled said:
Sorry, I dont have an answer to your question, but I am wondering why the second 5/05 is connected through a net-eni rather than directly into your ethernet network
I was about to post the same thing but I guess the second SLC must be in a remote location of sorts "serial port through a radio"so networking without a VPN is out of the picture.
I don't have an answer to the original post.
Ken Roach usually shows up on here late, he may be able to help.

Yah just to clarify the PLC is over licensed serial radios. I have tried the 192.168.10.151 only, and have also cleared the 1761-net-eni message routing table. Can still see the PLC in linx and go online with it. Also I tried a MSG with port 0 (serial) over the radios and it worked right away.

When is downloading required when dealing with MSG instructions and when are online edits ok, maybe some of my changes are not taking effect?

I am also eventually getting a waiting for queue space flag showing up.

Well I tried the MSG instruction from the serial side and it works. Why wouldn't the message work from the ethernet side? I can't think of anything else to try.