Acknowledgment of loaded recipe on comfort panel?

spaderkung

I can't find out how to get the info from the status bar of the RecipeView sent to PLC. I would like to know and act upon "successfully transferred data record" in the PLC when the user makes this command on the HMI.

I'm using the built-in recipe templates of a Siemens comfort panel Tp700 + S7-1200.

Anyone with more experience? Or should I do it another way?

Partly solved by using the built in event handler that can be attached to the hmi alarms / system events.

I think this will not distinguish the result from loading into different recipes, only that a data record in any recipe was loaded. But it is good enough for now...

Last edited:
A field in the recipe that is used as a key can be helpful in determining if the correct recipe is loaded. Each recipe is created with a field containing a value that is distinct from all of the other recipes. I load the reference field with the recipe's index number so that the reference field can be compared to the index number after the recipe is transferred.

Cheers

Ken

Interesting.

So if recipe 1,2,3 are created on the panel and no. 1 is transferred to the PLC then *only* the no. "1" in the index gives successful validation? But if recipe 1 is deleted on the HMI the next new one is by Comfort panel assigned automatically 1. An unsuccessful transfer of no.1 would pass.

Where do you generate the key? In HMI script? Is the key visible in the edit area and how do you handle that?

But I have the flu now so not sure I understood. Maybe your idea is more general and Im stuck with Siemens on this one.

It really depends on what your intention is.

Some of the HMI's (not Siemens) that we use don't have a data transfer bit so the key is used to verify that the data has actually been transferred by watching for changes in that field

A script would allow more flexibility like the placement of a flag to signify an edited program (check sum and table on the PLC side would work well here).

Sorry can't help more.

Ken

For the recipe, add a new parameter, say 'Recipe Loaded' and set it to 1 /true in every recipe. Assign it to a PLC tag.

Then, when you want to download, use your load button to reset the tag and start the recipe download. When complete the tag will be high