Siemens TIA and firmware

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a customer that has purchased a trainer and has a couple question that I do not know the answer to but thinking that someone here may.... see below, thank you!

1) I have old firmware that was downloaded from Siemens and I am trying to flash this old firmware to the S7-1200 controller. More specifically I want to flash V4.1.1. From what I gather there are two ways this can be done, one is to use SD card and the other is to use inbuilt web-server. We want to use the webserver method. I have configured the controller (S7-1200) with an IP address on the subnet were the Win7 machine is networked. After doing this I have followed this procedure to enable the web-server (https://support.industry.siemens.co...server-of-the-s7-1200-s7-1500-?dti=0&lc=en-WW). However, I am having difficulty locating this controller on the network, so I'd like to know if there are any tools to diagnose this issue?

2) Is it possible to get a floating license for TIA Portal

I have a customer that has purchased a trainer and has a couple question that I do not know the answer to but thinking that someone here may.... see below, thank you!

1) I have old firmware that was downloaded from Siemens and I am trying to flash this old firmware to the S7-1200 controller. More specifically I want to flash V4.1.1. From what I gather there are two ways this can be done, one is to use SD card and the other is to use inbuilt web-server. We want to use the webserver method. I have configured the controller (S7-1200) with an IP address on the subnet were the Win7 machine is networked. After doing this I have followed this procedure to enable the web-server (https://support.industry.siemens.co...server-of-the-s7-1200-s7-1500-?dti=0&lc=en-WW). However, I am having difficulty locating this controller on the network, so I'd like to know if there are any tools to diagnose this issue?

2) Is it possible to get a floating license for TIA Portal

1) When you go online or try to download, you should be able to browse your local network for the right device. Depending on which version of Portal you're using it may have a few different options in the browse screen.

There is also a tool outside portal that can do a similar browse, as well as some other useful features like viewing topology (showing how the devices are plugged into each other).

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/67460624

There is also a built in FLASH feature of PN devices, so that you can verify that the specific 1200 (or IO block, or drive, etc) you're clicking on your computer is the one that you're physically looking at. Which LEDS flash depends on the device, but you can usually tell pretty quick.

All the above features work if the device is on your local network (IE you don't go through a router to get there). If you have to go through a router, then there is no detection possible, and you need to know the exact IP address.

2) I think all versions of Step 7 since V11 SP1 have ben floating licenses. At the very beginning of Step 7 Basic (v10.5 and V11), it was a single license that just installed with the software, but it switched over to the same floating license style that everything else uses. Licensing uses Automation License Manager, just like all the other Siemens software in the last decade or so.

Note that "TIA Portal" isn't technically something you get licenses for. It's not an actual product, as such, its just a framework that all the packages plug into. You get licenses for Step 7 or WinCC, and install Step 7 or WinCC, but Portal comes with and is the thing you actually launch.

6ES78220AA050YA5

SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V15, floating license; engineering software in TIA Portal; license key

I just update firmware here- see screenshot

1200fw.jpg

Hi Guys wondering if you can help. I am installing STEP 7 Basic and have installed the Licence Key via Automation Licence Manager. It is showing as a Floating Licence and Unlimited. But when I try to select a CPU from TIA Portal V15.1 I get License STEP 7 Basic was not found. Any Ideas

Thanks for your reply Ken looks to be Step7 Professional Installed Software with a Step 7 Basic Licence I will see if there is a basic version on the CD

Thanks for your reply Ken looks to be Step7 Professional Installed Software with a Step 7 Basic Licence I will see if there is a basic version on the CD

What version is you license? V12/V13/v14/v15?

You don't need a different installer for basic vs pro, you just need to make sure the license versions line up to what you need to do

Thanks mk42 my licence is v15, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Step 7 and it now works.
Thanks to all for the advice