circuit diagram

People in this group will give you all the help you need AFTER you show what you’ve tried. Nobody will do your homework for you. If you don’t do the work, but pass a class based on the work of others, you wind-up out in the work world unable to do your job. Not good for anyone.

That seems like a fairly simple exercise to me... judging by the controls you were given, you have to "latch" the up and down commands.

If you don't know how to start, think of the conditions to start opening the door, to keep the door opening and to stop opening the door.
List them in text like if button pushed and this and not that then open door. After this, the ladder rung should become quite obvious. The same will apply to the close door condition.