L33ER module shows unknow (yellow question mark) in program.

Deol

In program, L36ER is communicating with L33ER through Ethernet. L33ER module shows unknown. i installed L33ER EDS file of very version but no help. What am i missing here? any idea.

Can you post a screenshot? have you uploaded the EDS from the L36?

i installed L33ER EDS file of very version but no help

Assume you tried to write every version? the EDS is in the processor so try using RSLinx and right click to upload

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

While my most common post on the topic is "that isn't an EDS issue", this time it probably is. There is no Add-On Profile (AOP) to make a remote CPU appear in the I/O tree of a Studio 5000 Logix Designer project, just an EDS file so that the controller is known to be a Logix-family controller.

Does it really matter that there's a question mark ? The usual purpose of putting a controller into the I/O tree is to use it as the source of a Consumed Tag, or as an object so you can easily select the Path for a MSG command.

Thank you Ken. Yes, you are right, it does not matter but you know just curious about this weird situation.

Yes, after registering all L33ER related EDS files, i uploaded EDS files from L36 and L33.

Please see the screenshot attached.

pic1.jpg

Yeah, that's weird. Thanks for the screenshot.

After Studio 5000 v21, Rockwell Software started using an embedded instance of Microsoft SQL Server to hold EDS registration information instead of the Windows Registry.

I've heard about a couple of instances where you had to right-click and run the EDS Registration Tool "as Administrator" in order for the tool to have the correct credentials to do the SQL Insert action.