Wonderware Intouch to Compactlogix Application Question

agarb

I'll preface this by saying that I am an Intouch beginner…

I have an Allen-Bradley Compactlogix that currently stores recipes in an array[0-20] that is a UDT consisting of the elements something like this:

Recipe[x].Name (string)
Recipe[x].Editable (Boolean, where 0 = no, 1 = yes)
Recipe[x].Color (integer, where 1 = red, 2 = blue, etc)
Recipe[x].Length (real)
Recipe[x].Width (real)
... and so on...

With Intouch, I am trying to figure out how to create a single screen where the user can view/edit the contents of recipe[x] after they enter the recipe number, x.

So far, I’ve read the intouch help files about substitution of tag names, remote tag references, and indirect tags. It seems like indirect tags will sort of do what I need but it says indirect tags are only for integer and real types. Looks like my string and Boolean can’t be indirect.

Any suggestions to get me on the right path?

(I can modify the PLC if necessary but the Intouch application is being added to an existing, functional CompactLogix system so I want to be as non-intrusive as possible.)

Thanks!

The InTouch database has the following types: Indirect Discrete, Indirect Analog, and Indirect Message (String). I have used the discrete and analog but not the message but it does have that capability.