Redlion Crimson 3 Log File and String Conflict

Sombrero

Hi guys!!

I'm using a G315 HMI from RedLion to change an internal String tag via Data Entry, and I would like to add this tag to a Log file (.CSV). The problem I see is that I have a script that will order the data by separating the fields by looking for commas ','. I believe this will cause conflict if the user entered any commas in the entry keypad.

The question is, Is there any way to reject a data entry via the Validate option on the Entry of the Data Box if the user entered any commas? Or can I limit the user's entry pad to only use letters, numbers and spaces (and no use of symbols)?

I'm currently trying this code, but it doesn't seem to work:

Code:
int i;

for(i = 0; i < Len(Data); i++) {
	if(Data[i] == 44) {
		return false;
		break;
	}
}
return true;

Thanks in advance for your time!! đź“š

Last edited:
I haven't had much luck using the Validate action. I could be doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to work using the "Data" variable as the manual states.

There are a few workarounds. You can apply a template to the string tag to only allow certain characters to be entered (letters, numbers, and spaces, for example).

Another option is to use the "On Entry Complete" action to run a script that scans through the string (not "Data", just whatever tagname you used) and removes any undesired characters. This is fairly straightforward using the string manipulation commands.

template.JPG

Great!! Thank you @kolyur for that option! I will use it as a workaround for now. I wanted to avoid that second option, I will come up with a script if the validate option fails again and I will post the results.

🍻