Wonderware Historian (InTouch memory tags)

phuz

So a customer gave me a list of tags they want to import into Historian. The list was derived from an InTouch tag DB dump. The original integrator used quite a few memory tags which were scripted from I/O tags. I'm guessing Historian has no way of referencing memory tags since it is just using the I/O server and Item Name for all its reference points?

I've done it before, though it was only a few tags and I added them manually (not the import tool).

You'll need add a new I/O server to your IDAS and choose "VIEW" as your I/O server type. For the server location, use the address of the machine running InTouch. Next, add a topic named "Tagname". Use this I/O server and topic when adding tags to the historian.

I have limited experience with Historian, and it's been a long time since I've worked with it at all, but I thought that Historian retrieved tag data from InTouch, rather than from IO Servers, in which case, reading the value of a Memory tag shouldn't be a problem.

I've done it before, though it was only a few tags and I added them manually (not the import tool).

You'll need add a new I/O server to your IDAS and choose "VIEW" as your I/O server type. For the server location, use the address of the machine running InTouch. Next, add a topic named "Tagname". Use this I/O server and topic when adding tags to the historian.

Ah hah! Much appreciated! (y)