plc 120v relay outputs to device with 24v npn input

tclark

I'm not sure the best way to do this. I've got an old GE plc with only 120V relay outputs. I'm replacing a UV light component with an LED controller that has 24VDC NPN inputs. It seems like I could use a relay with 120VAC coil to switch 24VDC, but what kind of relay is that -SPST? And how to best "flip" the signal for NPN? Go into the program and make the existing coil into a nc contact?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Do you only need to change the voltage on a single output or on more than one? Your terminology raises a question.
There are 120 VAC PLC outputs and there a relay contact PLC outputs. Relay contact outputs can switch 24 VDC as well as 120 VAC. You just need to rewire the circuit. Some relay contact output modules feature isolated output points, while others feature a group of output points sharing a common. Best to identify the part number of the module you're dealing with.

I'm not sure the best way to do this. I've got an old GE plc with only 120V relay outputs. I'm replacing a UV light component with an LED controller that has 24VDC NPN inputs. It seems like I could use a relay with 120VAC coil to switch 24VDC, but what kind of relay is that -SPST? And how to best "flip" the signal for NPN? Go into the program and make the existing coil into a nc contact?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

You can get a SPDT interposing relay that mounts on a DIN rail.

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...ectro-mechanical_relays/slim_interface_relays

I used one made by AB today. Same thing, pretty much. Just a bit more expensive.