Allen Bradley 160ssc

ghostdog

I have to following setup:

P46:'3'
NO-pushbutton FW and RV + NC - stop wired as in manual (TB3: 5-6-7-8)

pot-meter wired TB3: 1-2-3

P59: '0' (external command -> potentio-meter)

My problem is that the pot-meter has no influence.

I'm stuck with fixed speeds: preset frequency
P61-68 eg 3 Hz and 30 Hz.

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong and how to make the potentio-meter active.

Can somebody help me?

Alan,

it's an 160-BA03NPS1

so it's a preset speed model.

After re- and rereading the manual I found the answer.

In the past I've had drive's with an analog input and preset speeds. But never only preset speed.

Is this common for AB or is this because is an older model?

Regards,

Gostdog

Is this common for AB or is this because is an older model?

Not common with any modern VFD, and I think that the 160 series drives were rebranded for AB by another manufacturer. I was quite fond of those little drives back in the day. You could quite literally slap them in place of a motor starter in a few minutes and obtain decent speed control and good reliability. Having the power terminals on top for small HP drives was really handy for retrofits.