Gx Works 2 Timers Problem

bozkiraz

Hello all. I have a problem about timers. I have fx3u-24mr. The program is running in simulation mode . But in monitoring mode M77 won't power up when I try to implement on it. Can you help me?
simulationmode.jpg
realization.jpg

Last edited:
You are using the same instance of the IEC timer i.e. Timer_1
Rename the second timer as Timer_2.
Using the same instance one will override the other.
So double click on the second timer will bring up the label registration and type in a new instance name, accept it. Note: if you need to use any variables in other than that program block they must be declared as global variables
Local variables only work within that program block.
Also you do not need the coil on the output if it's being used within the same block you can use the Timer_1.Q as a contact but if it makes your code more readable then use a coil.

Timers.png

Actually they are the same timers. The first is in simulation mode and the second is in monitoring mode. I've attached pictures to show what the problem is.

Ah I see, it looked like two rungs in the same program.
So you say that if you run in simulation it works but in the real PLC it does not.
Just for information is this a genuine FX3U or one of those clones.
Just try using a different "M" number first to see if that cures the problem I know there can be some issues with clones.
What is your time setting it must be in timer type i.e. milliseconds I notice you are using a tag rather than using a fixed timer value, even though these timers are based on 100ms per count the value must be in ms. so your timer value must be 500, it is known that sometimes a timer will not trigger if the time setting is set to 0.
Also noticed that the timer preset variable is not displaying the value ? this is not right have you set the variable as a "TIME" variable

Last edited: