Ethernet/IP Custom configuration.

tobias_84

Hello,

I'm new to Ethernet/IP and trying to understand the protocol. A simple function that is in a EDS-file seems to work, but when trying more advanced data exchange then the problems starts. The bus does not start.

I can't get it to work and all information I have received is for a non codesys based applications.

So if some one can give me some hints on how to proceed it would be great!

Also can someone explain what 'Class ID 16#" and "Attribute ID 16#" do and how to use is correctly? Guessing it's for the parameter set for data type to send and receive.
See attached pictures.

So here is the test function that I'm trying to work.
The target is a i550 inverter from Lenze.
I'm running Machine Expert V 2.0.

There are three objects, 111, 110 and 130.
110 is commands to a inverter (O -> T).
111 is responds from the inverter (T -> O).
130 is the configuration object.

I'm reading a 16 bit value and writing to a 16 bit value in this test.

From the documentation:
Object 130 is the configuration object, and has a fixed length of 64 bytes. It is best described using a words structure, as it’s basic format.
The data area is broken into 2 groups of 17 words, where each word represents a configuration for each line in the 17 possible that represent 1 word for each configuration in the i5 table, and then a end word for the Input and output.

The values are as follows for Object 111 (Inputs to the PLC, Outputs to i5) 100 – always placed in word 17 [16 if 0 based array notation]
1 for if the parameter is a sint (8 bit byte)
2 for a parameter that is a uint (unsigned word 16 bits)
3 for a parameter that is a udword (unsigned double word 32 bits, or float)

The values are as follows for Object 110 (Outputs to the PLC, Inputs to i5) 101 – always placed in word 34 [33 if 0 based array notation]
51 for if the parameter is a sint (8 bit byte)
52 for a parameter that is a uint (unsigned word 16 bits)
53 for a parameter that is a udword (unsigned double word 32 bits, or float)

The documentation was to big to attach so if more information is needed I will try to upload it elsewhere and link it.

About the attached pictures.
Pic 1. Shows the predefined configurations in the EDS. 'Speed' and 'Speed & Torque' do work. But the 'Custom I/O Connection' does not work. - That's the one I need...
Pic 2. How the configuration options looks.
Pic 3. Shows listed parameters based on configuration made.

Regards
Tobias

1.png 2.png 3.jpg