Rsstudio yellow ?

nathan.slade

I'm working on getting some alarms on a panelview plus 1000 on our production line from a plc controlling the hydraulic pumps for this line. All are on the same network and I can see the lines slc505, the pvp and the L306ER in rslinx. When I go into rsstudio to make changes, I open the LinxEnterprise and go to the coms setup, add device. My processor has a yellow ? And I cannot add it to the shortcut. I'm running rsstudio ver7 ( crp9sr6) on a Windows xp machine. As this is out Scala machine with the backups on it. We also have a Windows 7 laptop that has the same version of studio on it but is running 64bit and it can see the L306ER fine. Only problem is if I change the program to work on the 64bit machine I can no longer use to xp machine where all our backups and programing is done from. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you all

Here is what I would try.

• Unplug your network cable so FTV isn't trying to browse
  • Go to the Communication tab at the bottom of you project tree
  • Manually add a 1769 PLC instead of the 5069 to your Ethernet driver
  • Go to your communication setup, point your driver to the 1769 PLC
  • Copy form design to runtime
  • Plug in your network cable and test a screen