My Rslogix stays stuck on Splash Screen

any of the Major software revision should be able to go online as long as the major revision matches.

While generally true, there is a specific compatibility issue with 20.03 (see the technote MikeyN linked). v20.04 or v20.05 should be able to go online with anything however.

There was a similar issue with v21 as well.

This is worth repeating, (AFAIK), ONLY ONE MAJOR version can exist on a PC at one time.

- If you install 20.0X followed by 20.0Y then 20.0Y is what you end up with. That's my understanding...

My project is 20.013. I installed 20.01.01 to run it and it would error out on opening. I trashed 20.03 and installed 20.04 and, Eureka!

While generally true, there is a specific compatibility issue with 20.03 (see the technote MikeyN linked). v20.04 or v20.05 should be able to go online with anything however.

There was a similar issue with v21 as well.

Correct but my statement is also true. The Technote is referring to the offline ACD file compatibility and the V20.03/01 issue is with the programming software.

It's still true that any of the V20.xx Logix5000 can go online with any of the V20.xx Firmware revision.

Just want to be clear.