Accessing Cicode Tags with CitectVBA for script send email vba

Laurent_59550

Hello, it's been a little over a year now that I've been learning citect scada alone in version 7.2, I know how to make pages, synoptics, create variables, a little cicode, vba, a lot of little things but there I'm stuck on one thing.
By resuming the program to send a mail in vba of Kelian posted in 2016, I cannot find how to recover the cicode variables to transfer them to the vba, I manage to run the program if I declare all the variables inside but if I declare on the cicode side that var_ci = var_vb; it does not work!! however the documentation says "Accessing Cicode Tags with CitectVBA" I am lost and my head explodes! yet this tool is powerful and i'm sure we can read the tags from both sides, should i create a new vba I / O device? Can you help me with some models please? thank you so much.

Good morning all,

Does anyone have an answer to my problem? I've been looking for two weeks and can't find! there must be a way to use the variables declared in citect, in my project, what i want is to use an email address from a microsoft forms 2.0 textbox for the vba program (send emails), it would not make sense if we had to declare everything in the vba program because the more the choice of several recipients for example or of subjects, a little helping hand would be cool! thank you very much.

Look this

https://johnwiltshire.com/citect-he...ent/Accessing_Cicode_Tags_with_CitectVBA.html

You can read and write directly to tags form VBA and Cicode.
Create some variables, which transfers data between VBA and Cicode.

(Read tag from VBA and Write from Cicode)
(Write to tag from VBA and Read from Cicode)
(is timing critical?)

It is also possibly to call from cicode, but then you have to syntax it this way

https://johnwiltshire.com/citect-he...ML/Content/Calling_CitectVBA_from_Cicode.html

Haven't used these thought, only cicode years ago and only little bit.

Problem solved

Good morning all,

First of all, thank you for your help.

I finally found where my problem came from, I had to write my variable as "VB_Test" as explained in the manual but this was not very clear, by doing this, I can manipulate my variable as I want and call it with vbcall or even with a button with the declaration in first position "CIVBA" then "my function" in second position, see you soon for new questions!

Have a good day.