Wonderware & Archestra

Hi All

I'm a novice starting to work on WW and Archestra, I've been adding repetitive attributes on the front end which has been tedious and was wondering if anyone knows if we can actually open the object files and manipulate then for bulk work, kind of like opening DBF files for Citect and doing the work at file level rather than at application level!!!

Regards
PDS

What version of WW Intouch are you running?
You can do a "Database Dump" of the application to gain access to all the tags and their configuration for editing. It builds a *.csv file for editing.
From the Application Manager, select "DBDump".

You mentioned objects. Are you working with objects in the ArchestrA IDE? If so, the best way to do bulk work is to create object templates in the template toolbox, then create many runtime instances of those objects. Then any change to the template will propagate to the instances, which can then be re-deployed to take effect. Templates can also be nested in the event that you have a master template with some more common attributes, then several child templates with some other specific attributes for various sub objects.

There are some free e-learning classes that might benefit you. Here is one that is relevant to your question:
https://industrialtraining.aveva.co...edetails&calendarID=183&courseContentID=15061

What version of WW Intouch are you running?
You can do a "Database Dump" of the application to gain access to all the tags and their configuration for editing. It builds a *.csv file for editing.
From the Application Manager, select "DBDump".

I agree, this is a great solution if you are using classic InTouch.

If you are working the ArchestrA IDE with objects, you can also right click on objects and dump them or dump the whole galaxy.