TIA Portal Help

Are you trying to upload from the Pilz device, or from the PLC ?
I do not think you can upload from the Pilz device itself into TIA.
The S7-1500 hardware configuration incl. safety should be possible to upload, provided it was made with TIA 14SP1 or greater, and it was released to upload in the safety configuration. See chapter 2.5 in this manual:
https://cache.industry.siemens.com/...5_Programming-Guideline-Safety_DOC_V10_en.pdf

I am also guessing you will have to provide the password for the safety program.

Disclaimer: I dont actually have experience uploading from a safety S7 PLC.

Not sure if it has changed or not, but I remember trying to upload from an safe PLC (1515-F) but it wouldn't let me due to an option that needs to be set when downloading.

I don't have an safe PLC with me now but will try to do some testing later. I haven't used V15 much yet. Maybe it has been fixed.

Not sure if it has changed or not, but I remember trying to upload from an safe PLC (1515-F) but it wouldn't let me due to an option that needs to be set when downloading.
That does sound as the setting that is mentioned in chapter 2.5 in the manual I linked to.

Maybe you can still upload the normal software from that CPU.

Also, since this hasn't been mentioned yet, Siemens tech support is pretty good. You need to register (no charge, no support contract needed, etc), and then you can submit cases. In the USA, you're talking to a good ol boy from Tennessee, not the traditional IT support professional outsourced to Bangalore.

I second this, their support is legit and easy to acquire.

Also, since this hasn't been mentioned yet, Siemens tech support is pretty good. You need to register (no charge, no support contract needed, etc), and then you can submit cases. In the USA, you're talking to a good ol boy from Tennessee, not the traditional IT support professional outsourced to Bangalore.
I agree, a few Europeans and Bangaloreans and a few dozen of other knowledgable forum contributors are pretty good at advising.
As concerned Bangaloreans themself they are knowledgable guys and they are well asquainted with Calcuttan :) (who are developing and testing TIA portal, plc firmware, etc). Moreover, they all backed by concern, naturally. So, I would say, they all together are just unimaginable and powerful bank of knowledge and opportunities.
In other words they all are just primary source and we will never be so aware as they. Because they are resource.

BR

Last edited:
I have to agree,Siemens support was excellent.
Though I still don't have the upload from the pilz, I do have the hardware configuration and software upload from the PLC.
Now I just have to work though the comments written in a foreign language :(

I have to agree,Siemens support was excellent.
Though I still don't have the upload from the pilz, I do have the hardware configuration and software upload from the PLC.
Now I just have to work though the comments written in a foreign language :(

if I got you correctly, you failed to upload a program from programable PILZ safety device. Did you use any PILZ software to do that?

Pilz PN0Z m B0

From memory the pnoz multi units had their own configuration software.

I believe the later units added profinet but I think it was to exchange IO for status and alarm type stuff. So if it is in TIA portal it is most likely missing a GSD file. Either downloaded from pilz or some devices generate them.

Also since it is a safety device it is most likely password protected. Which may prevent it from being uploaded.

Pilz PN0Z m B0

Again, if I got you correctly,
to get an upload from PILZ safety device (its content), you have to use PILZ Config software as it shown, for example, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtMiF4rr1s

TIA Portal itself has nothing to do with programmable PILZ content. :) If your programmable PILZ is a PN-device, you can see its IO-addresses in HW Config (provided that it is configured there) of your PLC project and process them (PILZ IO addresses) within a project.

BR

Last edited: