rslogix 5000 standard bit to safety bit

gerberz

I have found a array of bits in a plc program. That are turning "To_Safety[0].0" (standard bit) to "From_Stand[0].0" (Safety bit). Neither is a alias also when i cross reference "To_Safety[0].0" or "From_Stand[0].0" all i get is "To_Safety[0].0"=OTE and "From_Stand[0].0"=XIC. When i cross reference "To_Safety" or "From_Stand" all i get are "To_Safety" = OTE's and "From_Stand" = XIC's/XIO's.

Can someone tell me how you can turn a standard bit to a safety bit?
Also how you can change the name of the bits like that?

You will need to map safety tags. From the top menu select Logic then click on Map safety tags. This will open the Map safety tags window.From here you can map safety tags to standard tags.

Safety tag.JPG

Can someone tell me how you can turn a standard bit to a safety bit?

I feel obligated to point out that while mapping a bit it can be used in a safety program it does not make it a 'safety' bit. Every precaution still needs to taken that using that bit doesn't lower the safety integrity of the function where it is used.

Thanks so much! I just came across this issue and I looked into all kind of direction. I was assuming this kind of info should be displayed either in properties (right click) for example like the consumed tag is or the most detailed properties tab on the side.