Add on instruction - Tag visibility

PreLC

Hello PLCS.Net!

I'm recently making an AOI in Logix Designer V20~ which validates a string-family tag based on certain criteria.

The AOI Takes the string as one of the parameters, the validation part is working fine, but it doesn't display the actual string's value.

Is there a way to make this happen? Please let me know.

Thanks!
-PreLC:skuller:đź’€.

Hello PLCS.Net!

I'm recently making an AOI in Logix Designer V20~ which validates a string-family tag based on certain criteria.

The AOI Takes the string as one of the parameters, the validation part is working fine, but it doesn't display the actual string's value.

Is there a way to make this happen? Please let me know.

Thanks!
-PreLC:skuller:đź’€.

Is the parameter showing up on the faceplate of the instruction? Just trying to figure out if you mean that it shows it in the faceplate but not the value, or if the parameter isn't visible without hitting the ... button.

String values won't display in the AOI block on ladder logic rung. I've run into same issue and just put an EQU instruction before the AOI with the desired string tag to monitor in the rung

Is the parameter showing up on the faceplate of the instruction? Just trying to figure out if you mean that it shows it in the faceplate but not the value, or if the parameter isn't visible without hitting the ... button.

It is showing up in the faceplate without expanding it. But not the value of it.

Thanks!
-PreLC