Intouch losing application focus

ControlLogix

Hey all,

I have a little problem with Intouch v7.1. Our glorious IT department have made a change to one of their applications and now the operators can't see the Intouch screen because the IT application "hogs" the monitor. Is there anyway that I can put something into a script so that Intouch regains the "application focus"? I have tried various things like activateapp and wwcontrol to no avail...either that or I haven't programmed it properly!

As ever, any help is very much appreciated.

Rgds,

Colm

Unfortunately IT are blaming windows and have washed their hands of the issue. The problem is huge to us because each of the operators have to run four lines and having to ALT-TAB back every 150 seconds is frustrating them. It also has an uptime issue since they aren't responding to faults as quickly because they can't see them!! Arrrgghhh!!

Can anything be done? I hate the thought of having to go off and play politics and having to go over peoples heads again just to get IT moving. Less painful route is to solve this myself.

Hi Colm,

When you tried WWControl, I assume you added this line to your 'Application script - While running'??

WWControl(InfoAppTitle("View"), "Restore");

Kevin H

Hi again,

Yep, I tried that little piece of code already to no avail. Bloody frustrating. The piece of code works ok if wm.exe is hogging the screen but try it with any other application and the other application will remain in focus. Intouch appears to only control wm.exe and view.exe "properly".

Hi Colm,

Just tried that myself and it only restores from minimised...

I think this may be what you need....

WWAlwaysOnTop(InfoAppTitle("View"), "ON");

You can get the WWAlwaysOnTop function from the WW script function library (I've attached a copy)

Just copy the 2 .dll files contained in the zip into your InTouch directory and you can use the additional functions.

Kevin H

Hi Kevin,

I have just tried this out on my test PC and it works perfectly. Tomorrow I will try it out on two production lines and if it works it will be fantastic. I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks,

Colm

Hi Kevin,

Just to let you know that everything went well this morning on the production machines. Once again, many thanks for your help. I couldn't have done it without you.

Not for the first time and no doubt not the last time, the controls community helped to clean up an I.T. ball of ****!

Best Regards,

Colm