Micrologix 1400 networking and e-mail

tacm

I am in need of having a machine (sewage lift station) send a message when it is in alarm status. After talking to my AB rep I have desided on the ML1400. I am rather new to this processor, from what I understand I can send an email directly from the 1400 to my phone by [email protected], but I dont know how to write this portion of the code. I have read the program manual for this PLC but I cant find what I am looking for. Any help would be great.

Steve

E-Mail functionality is described in the Instruction Set Reference manual for the MicroLogix 1400, Publication 1766-RM001A in Chapter 21 starting on page 471.

Do you have specific questions about this section of the user manual, or do you have more general questions about how to connect and configure the MicroLogix controller to an Internet mail connection ?

E-Mail functionality is described in the Instruction Set Reference manual for the MicroLogix 1400, Publication 1766-RM001A in Chapter 21 starting on page 471.

Do you have specific questions about this section of the user manual, or do you have more general questions about how to connect and configure the MicroLogix controller to an Internet mail connection ?
Really a little of both, I was able to enableChannel 1 smtp and enter my "to" email adresses
I am assuming that the email server is the ip address that my IT department assigns to the plc. What is the "from" adress?

Thanx

These fields are described on page 473 of the User Manual.

The "Email Server" is the IP address or hostname of the Email Server, not the MicroLogix.

The e-mail server is probably messaging.nextel.com, or the IP address that corresponds to that URL (PING shows that it's 170.206.252.9). You need to get this information for sure from Nextel.

The "from" address is what will appear in the "from" field in the e-mail message. Typically I put in an address like "[email protected]".

Last edited: