"Change connection" in WinCC Flexible and Finding the Master Connection

lkwythe

In my project, I have 2 CPU which are A and B.
Recently, I need to configure the WinCC Flexible to finding the Master CPU for change connection.

I have some script to change connection by using the clock bit to trigger the change connection script under the change value event of the tag.

However, in this script, it can not identify the CPU master to change connection. My script can only change connection when the running CPU shut down suddenly.

In case, when the power source is disconnected. When the power source start up again. The case may be:

1. the Master CPU is B
2. the WinCC Connection is in CPU A

So, I need to write the new script under the scheduler function with every 1 min to check the master bit (db5 dbx 9.0) to change connection.

But, I got some misunderstanding:

1. under scheduler, can it check the master A bit and master B bit to change connection?
2. will it trigger to change connection ?
3. under the master tag , should i need to add the script under change value?

Do you guys have any suggestion or idea??

many thanks!!!!

Does this have to do with some kind of redundancy ?
If so, there is an option to Simatic Net called "Redconnect". It should handle the switchover automatically.
This means that you would need Simatic Net plus the Redconnect option.

Thanks

But I think it is my script problem.

I don't know that the script is checking the master bit or not.
And the script structure and the connection and communicate between the script and the tag setting .

If you use Redconnect, the redundant connection is transparant to WinCC Flexible.

I have heard about people creating a DIY redundant connection. But not sure if it is proper way to do it. If a customer is paying through the nose for having a redundant system, I dont think he will be happy if a 'cheapo' redundant connection is part of the whole thing. No matter if it is 'good enough'. Just saying.

RedConnect is not needed. It was however required back in the day if you wanted to change ethernet IPs (changeconnection function)

Starting with WinCC Flex 2008 they started supporting 'ChangeConnection' function over Ethernet making redconnect obsolete IMO.

The above posted link will get you sorted out.