Factorytalk View Studio Alarm and Event Functions

zacslade

Hi all. I'm trying to use the AE_InAlmUnackedCount() function in FactoryTalk View Studio 8.0.

If I enter the function itself into a numeric indicator, I get the following error:

Error at line 1, column 25:
The Alarm and Event function requires an alarm name parameter.

Now, the description of the function says that it returns "A long integer from 0 to the number of FactoryTalk alarms that are In Alarm and Unacknowledged."

So, why would I need to enter a specific alarm name parameter in order to generate that information, which pertains in general to all of the alarms? Am I misinterpreting the intended use for this function?

Similar Topics

Hello, I made a change in alarm setup in factory view studio, where I changed a alarm message text. After that I made a run application and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having an issue with connecting View Studio emulation to a real PLC. I am running View Studio 8.01 on a Hyper-V virtual machine...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a Project I'm doing in Factorytalk View Studio. One of my displays I created has a bunch of red x's on all of the objects I created...
Replies
Views
So, I'm new to the PLC world (fresh graduate) and at my job I've been pretty much only helping out the other programmers with simpler tasks while...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I have a project coming up that will require my HMI runtime to toggle from English to Spanish via selector switch. What is the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom