Proxy variables in Proficy ME

godfrey

Looking for help to create proxy variables in an existing Proficy ME project.
Can't find it in the help file. Creating a new variable does not give me the option.

As far as I know, you don't actually create proxy variables.
When you use a variable from one target on another target, the proxy is created.

In my projects, I have a target named PLC and a target named HMI.
I add an object on the HMI and use PLC.MyVariable1 for the object.
After the HMI target is validated, MyVariable1 will be listed under the HMI target and will be a proxy variable.

I think there is a method to share variables from one project to another.
This might also create proxy variables.

How do I export proxy variables to a csv list ? I use a QP+ to connect with a Rx3i and mapping some of the PLC variables to the QP for alarming purpose, but I can't seem to export them, only internal variables in the QP can be exported.

It would have been better to start a new topic.

There is no way I know of to export proxy variables.

You can export the variables from the PLC.
I put Hmi in my variable names so I know they are used for the HMI.
If you use symbolic variables, they must be shared to be used. I can sort by the publish column to find these variables.