Low Cost Ethernet I/P VFD

Greg Dake

Greetings,

I am looking for some ideas on low cost VFD's which natively support Ethernet I/P. Looking for 3 phase, 480V, 2h.p. and less. Just need them for conveyor motors, no elaborate control.

TIA,

Greg

Personally I'd avoid Schneider drives like the plague. I did a project earlier this year with the Altivar ATV320 controlled by an S7-1500 plc over Profinet and it was a nightmare. Such a rigmarole to just get them to run and their tech support people in the UK and in France still haven't been able to tell me a method that works for clearing a drive fault using the reset command in the control word. Another nicety I found is that if you use STO on them and they go into a SAFF safety fault the only method I have found to clear this is by doing a complete factory reset.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the abundance of response! My standard is the PF525, however I am trying to find something less expensive.

Greg

I was in the same boat.

I looked at several drives: Siemens, Schnieder, lenze, other Allen-Bradley (pf 40/etc) and they all seem to run pretty close together in costs by the time you figure the drive + communications card.

They are close enough to be a wash.

IMO, just pick a drive based on controls. Use PF525 for Rockwell, G120 for Siemens, etc.

I was in the same boat.

I looked at several drives: Siemens, Schnieder, lenze, other Allen-Bradley (pf 40/etc) and they all seem to run pretty close together in costs by the time you figure the drive + communications card.

They are close enough to be a wash.

IMO, just pick a drive based on controls. Use PF525 for Rockwell, G120 for Siemens, etc.

I'd sure be interested to see some real numbers from an OEM / Integrator. AB prices are all over the map, depending on who the customer is.