Panel View+1500 communication setup

angi

Hi guys

There is a question about how to setup communication for PV+1500:

I use RSLinx enterprise to setup the communication between CompactLogix 1769-L32E/A and PV+ using Ethernet Bridge(1769-L32E), after adding the processor to the network, the address for the communication port did not show up, the only thing I could do was to select slot number for the processor.

How to setup the port address?

Thanks

I don't understand the question.

In FactoryTalk View Studio, you configure Shortcuts to point to the CompactLogix CPU itself.

This is a four-step process for a ControlLogix or CompactLogix that is connected to the same Ethernet network as the development computer.

1. Create a Shortcut name.
2. Browse to the ControlLogix or CompactLogix CPU
3. Click the "Apply" button to associate the Shortcut with the controller.
4. Copy the Shortcut, drivers, and network configuration to the Runtime tab

RSLE_Shortcut.png

Hi Ken

I did the same thing as you, the problem for me is the local adapter did not show up.

Thanks

You don't need to see the "Local Adapter", just the CompactLogix CPU.

If RSLinx Enterprise can browse to the CPU, that's all you need.