AD Productivity Suite Software now has a PLC simulator!

@Elcan:
Lo que pasa es que estaba buscando un simulador como software independiente, no pense que estubiera embebido dentro del paquete principal.

I was looking for an independent simulator software, but i see that it is embeded into main software package.

De todas maneras gracias, le voy a hechar una mirada.

thanks anyway

saludos,

william

For some of the limitations/restrictions of the simulator, look in the help.

Search (in the upper right search box -- NOT in the ToC/Index bar on the left.) for 'simulator' it will show as PLC Simulator with a .CHM link to308.htm.
As yet, the help-file search results are not quite correct. AD has stated that this is on the list to be fixed.

https://community.automationdirect.com/s/question/0D53u00002O76vkCAB/pac-simulator

Garry and I have posted that we have had success in preliminary testing of the simulator.

Garry and I have posted that we have had success in preliminary testing of the simulator.

I tested it yesterday, and the first session quit, requiring a restart, but it was flawless on the 2nd try (Thanks to Windows, I'm pretty sure).

It makes a strong case for using an IO alias task, which can be drug to the Disabled section for simulation, since I had not re-labeled the IO. Since I have an HSC in the setup, I don't believe it would simulate properly anyway (Help/Release says no Intelligent Modules).

I wish I could use the C-More with it. Using the C-More Simulator would be even slicker!

My reason for wanting it is that I have a project in the field which I am still building 'Features' for. I have a CPU and C-More here, but without all the IO on the CPU here, it faults out unless I change the hardware configuration. So, I had 2 programs, and drug tasks between them as I finished them. This is klutzy, and things can get lost/misplaced. But, since I can't use the C-More with the simulator, I'll still have to do this, just not as often.

I wish I could use the C-More with it. Using the C-More Simulator would be even slicker!

My reason for wanting it is that I have a project in the field which I am still building 'Features' for. I have a CPU and C-More here, but without all the IO on the CPU here, it faults out unless I change the hardware configuration. So, I had 2 programs, and drug tasks between them as I finished them. This is klutzy, and things can get lost/misplaced. But, since I can't use the C-More with the simulator, I'll still have to do this, just not as often.

I did a simple CMORE to PAC-SIMULATOR. I targeted the CMORE project to the PC's IP Address. Setup tags, the comms worked.
I am not trying to say that this will work in any/all cases, but it DID for a simple 2-boolean test.

[EDIT: clarification. I did NOT do a CMORE Simulator to PAC simulator. CMORE Hardware to PAC simulator]

Last edited:
Update: Yes, the C-More is working, using the PC's IP Address rather than the PLC's.

Also, I can only assume there's a run-time limit on the simulator, as it quit again, requiring a restart of the program.

OK, 2 hours seems about right. I had it happen a few more times, but it was longer than 1 hour...

I hate AD's new forum. They took a huge step backwards IMO. I don't check in there as often now.

I hate AD's new forum. They took a huge step backwards IMO. I don't check in there as often now.

Yeah several of us have told them so... Sadly, to no avail.
I do not participate as much or from as many locations as I once did.