Connected component workbench

Also... if it has a popup you should be able to click 'try again' and locate it in RSLinx, this will assign the mac/ip address to the project and the next time it should not fail

Ccw

This is the thing I can upload the program do my edits but can't download back to hmi it is discoverable in rs line and has no issue with upload at all but evertime I hit download it does its error check and then fails everytime I have tried this procedure about 100 times and everytime the same thing
Im wondering if there is a setting in ccw that has been changed for some reason but really not sure

What is the error? are you uploading the same version? I have seen that a issue before, do you have a offline project that you can edit in place of the upload?

Another thought....can you upload the program, make NO edits, and then download? If you can do this, it suggests that something is wrong with the edit itself or in the recompiled program after the edit....not trying to throw you a curve; just thinking out loud...

A couple of things to look at. First, do you know what version off CCW was used to create the current program? Second, what version is the Processor? Last, what version of CCW are you trying to download with? In short, the version of CCW needs to be compatible with the processor version. If (for example), the processor is a version 10 and the program in it was written using version 10, version 11 CCW will upload the program and download it to a version 11 processor but it won't download any program into a version 10 processor. If the processor version is lower than the current CCW program, you can flash the processor however (my personal experience here) when flashing the processor, don't use the USB connection. I have bricked 3 Micro830's doing that and have confirmed with Rockwell that they cannot be recovered. It's worth noting that while Rockwell said it must be the PC I was using, I used two different machines and got the same results. The Ethernet connection is much more reliable when flashing the firmware.