You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 3rd, 2015, 11:14 AM   #1
steveb55
United States

Need a FT View Studio SE expert!

...or just someone who knows a lot more than I do.

Greetings...

I have a project in SE that is distributed network . There is a button on most screens that allows the user to open a dialog to edit current conveyor tracking information. The customer has requested that the button be protected by login security... no problem, right? Well, the problem is, if this dialog is opened (with proper login) on the SE server terminal, the same dialog also opens up on the SE client terminal (and vice-versa), which allows anyone at that terminal the ability to also edit the tracking info regardless of proper credentials.

So, how do I secure this type of configuration so that the credentialed user who opens the dialog (on either server or client) has exclusive editing abilities?

I apologize if this is an easy fix, but my vast experience is with ME PV+, so my knowledge of the inner workings of SE is a bit limited.

Kindest Regards...
Steve
Old September 4th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #2
rkukl
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Steve
I have FtView Distributed app running with about 10 clients.
**We set up security in View Studio and select access level i.e. a,b,c,d...
**On main Access page (my initial start up page) have Login button with Action "login"
**Log out button with Action "login Operator Operator" this logs in operator who has limited access level.
**In client setup (Windows) we default login to Operator. thus lowest level of access
** then operator or supervisor must login with their credentials on the PC this would for instance give them access level E "engineering"
** animate button in question Expression is: currentuserhascode (E) you can change letter to your desired access level.

the key is each Client PC has to have its own security login button. ours are based on window access credentials. But I don't think it's necessary

Hope this helps and I explained clearly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Access2.JPG (64.1 KB, 57 views)
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:50 AM   #3
steveb55
United States

rkukl...

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the delay, out of town.

Each client has it's own login... in fact, it is a global object that we insert into every screen. Our issue is that when a high level user logs into one client, all other clients are now elevated to that same level.

Kind Regards,
Steve
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum