SLC500 to MicroLogix 1000 using DH+/DF1 Converter

SLC_USER

Hello All,
This if my first time to the forum. Glad I found the site. It looks very helpful.

I'm trying to add a MicroLogix 1000 to a DH+ network with a SLC5/04 and a couple of PV 1000's. I'm considering using a DH+ to DF1 interface module, a DL3500 from DataLink Technologies. The module manufacturer assures his device will work but I'm uncertain of how I can write to the MicroLogix from the SlC.

What instruction do I use to write from my SLC5/04 to the MicroLogix? I looked at the MSG instruction and the only target device selections available are 500CPU, 485CIP and PLC5. Anyone have any idea which one I need to select or is there some other instruction or setup that I should use instead?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The MicroLogix and SLC-500 communication codes are almost identical. You can send messages to your MicroLogix 1000 via the DL3500 as though the MicroLogix was an SLC-5/04.

Select the "500CPU" target type in the MSG instruction configuration.

Ken Roach said:
The MicroLogix and SLC-500 communication codes are almost identical. You can send messages to your MicroLogix 1000 via the DL3500 as though the MicroLogix was an SLC-5/04.

Select the "500CPU" target type in the MSG instruction configuration.

Thanks for the reply,
The system has been installed and is working beautifully. The information you provided was exactly correct.