Wondering how to maintain , backup , restore , etc. DeviceNet till I replace in 2018

Good Morning ,

I think I have upper management convinced to begin replacing our SLC 500 PLC's . It is incredible the increase in price on SLC 500 components . I have struggled for several years , truly understanding how DeviceNet works , how to maintain it , back it up , and restoring it . I was thinking of purchasing a few 8 channel Analog modules but the price jumped up to &2,700 dollars each.

I am not sure what DeviceNet data , scan lists , etc. we have backed up on our machines. What method do you folks suggest using to backup all our DeviceNet systems , and how do we restore if something happens. Do you go thru the Serial port to capture this DeviceNet data. I guess you use Networx / DeviceNet to do everything , correct ?

Thanks so much for advice , like always.

I don't think you can bridge to the Device net from serial port on 500's
you will need a comp of RXlogix Networks for device net and a adaptor to read write the to the network
then scan the network then save it then copy the scanned module configuration and save it.