clear application from Panelview 1000

sparksy@gage

We have acquired a secondhand panelview 1000 2711-T10C3 which we want to load a existing application from a smaller panelview onto.
Been trying to connect using RSLINX via Rs232 but with no luck. Have got into the configuration screens on the Panelview 1000 and it shows the RS232 port has been set for printer use. The PV1000 has a existing application on it.
Is there anyway I can reset the the panelview to factory defaults or remove the existing application so I can download via the serial port.
I can connect to the existing smaller panelview so I know the serial usb adaptor and serial cable is OK

Thanks
Wayne

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum !

The 2711-T10C3 is one of the older "PanelView Standard" terminals, of course, that uses PanelBuilder32 software.

The "3" in the part number indicates that it has a DH-485 network port as well as an RS-232 port.

But the RS-232 auxiliary port on the DH485 model PanelViews that have one ( the -3 and -9 part numbers) can only be used for printing. They cannot be set for use as upload/download ports, and they cannot be used as the runtime PLC communication port.

So your only two options are to use the DH485 network port, or use a Flash memory card.

The PanelView needs to be at least v3 firmware (about 15 years ago) to support a CompactFlash card in an ATA Type II carrier.

The best modern way to connect to a PanelView Standard terminal via DH485 is the 1747-UIC, a USB to DH485 network converter.

Thanks Ken
Sorry didn't reply earlier. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
just looked at the slc and its a 504 so probably too hard to set it up anyway. Found a PV600 with DH+ so will use that. They only wanted to upgrade to a colour screen anyway.
Been a member of this site for a while but lost access under old user name when I left Pepsico.

Thanks again
wayne

Welcome to the Forum !

The 2711-T10C3 is one of the older "PanelView Standard" terminals, of course, that uses PanelBuilder32 software.

The "3" in the part number indicates that it has a DH-485 network port as well as an RS-232 port.

But the RS-232 auxiliary port on the DH485 model PanelViews that have one ( the -3 and -9 part numbers) can only be used for printing. They cannot be set for use as upload/download ports, and they cannot be used as the runtime PLC communication port.

So your only two options are to use the DH485 network port, or use a Flash memory card.

The PanelView needs to be at least v3 firmware (about 15 years ago) to support a CompactFlash card in an ATA Type II carrier.

The best modern way to connect to a PanelView Standard terminal via DH485 is the 1747-UIC, a USB to DH485 network converter.

I found this out the hard way as well a couple years ago. Bought a uic from geniusintraining at his website www.plccable.com. have connected to a slc501, slc505 (no Ethernet switch in that cabinet, and they didn't want to disrupt the Ethernet comms) and a couple panel views to great success. In fact every cable I've gotten from him has been awesome.

Which on a side note reminds me I have a prototype RS485 cable from him to test. Lol

Welcome back to the forum wayne