Siemens S7 Ascii Codes to String

Tigger

Hi Guys,

Got a siemens CPU315-2DP with cp340 RS232 Point to Point Card and I am using P_RCV to read data from a moisture meter. The P_RCV function block deposits return data strings from th unit as ascii codes in byte locations within a datablock. Is there a function to rebuild the string in the PLC from the ascii codes.

Thanks in advance

Hmmmm. Since it's going to the PLC in ASCII format, why don't you just point the received data to the string location instead of the byte location?

Similar Topics

Hi, I need to send a command from a S7-300 with a CP341 in ASCII format (RS485). I can get the command to send fine, what I need to do is add...
Replies
Views
Hi If I wanted to put a pure RS485 ASCII string into an S7 PLC (not something I have done before) and then pick out a section of this string, how...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have application to read data from barcode scanner to S7 PLC through SI ASCII Card (RS232C). I have tried using the standard FB's to...
Replies
Views
Fellow PLC afficianados, I'm having some difficulties reading registers from a Emerson Coriolis transmitter. The following equipment is used...
Replies
Views
Dear Experts. I have a CPU 315-2dp Siemens PLC which is communication between mistubishi fX-3U Series mistubishi is giving me AScii String data...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom