looking for converter FC or FB from CHAR ascii to Real or Integer

manassas

Hi,

I am getting data from serial channel of CP341 of S7314 in char and moving them into DBs.

The data format is 123456.7 in ascii -char- format. sometimes . period place may change that means 12345.6 Order of numbers could be change.

I can do it with buch of codes (using lots of DB and FCs)

my question is how can I do this simply I mean that is there any ready function block for it. like convert char ascii to reall or integer if so where :(

Could somebody tell me which FC or FB on S7 300 PLC do I have to use to convert char ascii to real or integer? In S7226 I have used the ATH. Do I have to create my own FC or is there a FC in the S7 300 library ready to use?.
Thanks in advance,

Similar Topics

Problem: Our PLC can only output 4-20mA, but the actuators it needs to control, modulate based on a 0-135Ohm signal. Buying 4 or 8 individual...
Replies
Views
Until recently, I haven't had to connect to a piece of hardware using a serial connection in quite sometime. Well, that all changed yesterday when...
Replies
Views
Has anyone used one of these protocol converters like the Redlion or others to get data from Frick RS485 or Ethernet units? Customer has both...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have an application at the moment where I use HBM CLIP AE101 load cell converters to generate a 0-10V signal per cell. Trouble is that the...
Replies
Views
Hi , Where i can find Mitsubishi PLC Card end of line & replacement model details. i am looking for Q02CPU replacement model. Please advice. thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom