InTouch9.5 - Alarm DB View Control

Inna

I use Alarm DB View ActiveX Control and I have two problems with it.
First: In order to refresh the control from the database(SQL Server) I use method Refresh() in the WhileShowing script of the wnd that contains this control. But when the function is performed the control "flashes "("jumps "). Because the Refresh() method is performed every 800 msec the wnd "flashes"("jumps ") all the time. How can I avoid this problem? How can I refresh the Alarm DB View ActiveX Control from the database without this flashing ?

Second: the control gets alarms from a lot of stations. I need to provide an option to show alarms related to specific stations, i.e I need to filter alarms by Station Name(in alarm comment). How can I do it?

Inna

Inna said:
I use Alarm DB View ActiveX Control and I have two problems with it.
First: In order to refresh the control from the database(SQL Server) I use method Refresh() in the WhileShowing script of the wnd that contains this control. But when the function is performed the control "flashes "("jumps "). Because the Refresh() method is performed every 800 msec the wnd "flashes"("jumps ") all the time. How can I avoid this problem? How can I refresh the Alarm DB View ActiveX Control from the database without this flashing ?

I looked at this on a test machine I have in the office and it is doing exactly what you say it is. I don't see another function that will cause the ActiveX to refresh like a standard WW DAO. Can you use the DAO to get your alarms from SQL?

Inna said:
Second: the control gets alarms from a lot of stations. I need to provide an option to show alarms related to specific stations, i.e I need to filter alarms by Station Name(in alarm comment). How can I do it?

I use alarm groups to seperate my alarms. I have a pull down that tell the DAO which alarm group I wish to query and it shows alarms only for that group. It works very well.

I use two controls on my alarms screen, one for active alarms and the other is for alarm history.