pdf file in panelview plus 700

tano71

Hello,

I starting to work with FactoryTalk View Studio.

I'm programing an PanelView Plus 700 (2711P-T7C4D9) without big problems,

One thinks that I can't do is to open a PDF file.

I try to use the activX control, so my quastions are the following:

PDF file I'm starting to work with FactoryTalk View Studio. I'm programing a PanelView Plus 700 (2711P-T7C4D9) without big problems,

One thinks that I can't do is to open a PDF file. I'm trying to use the activX control, so my questions are the following:

1. - I need to use ME Program launcher or Adobe PDF reader?

2. - How can I download the file PDF to the panel or I need to put this PDF file in a USB or CF Card.

3. - The panel is a Windows CE panel, then, it is possible to open Windows CE on the panel or not? I used the simulation of FactoryTalk View Studio and was possible to open a PDF file

For example I used the ME Program launcher activX control with the followinfg settings:

- Program Location ="C:\Programmi\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

- ProgramParameter = "C:\2012E395.pdf"

- FocusEnable = 0

- NewIntance: = 0

But I don't now how to do when iI will do the same think but using the Panel.

Tank a lot for the help

Best Regards

Alejandro

the panelview plus terminal is proframmed using the software you mentioned. the application file when you program it is a .apa file and is converted to a .mer file when it it downloaded.

i am unaware of it being able to use a pdf file for the application.

regards,
james