stl to ladder conversion in s7-300 and s7-400

macahael

I want to convert program written in stl to ladder.Sometimes it is failing as the programmer do not write nop statement in code.İs there a program ( freeware preferably ) that convert stl to ladder.

I search google for this conversation issue, only thing that ı grasp is to add NOP for every terminal that is not used at ladder, for example

we have an up counter which have ladder representatiın at attached figure

ladder do not have any connection at 5 port , so we should have 5 nop ,

A I 0.5
CU C 1
BLD 101
NOP 0
NOP 0
NOP 0
NOP 0
NOP 0
A C 1
= Q 4.6

Are there any other rules for converting STL to Ladder.İf anyone have systematic information, can you help me ?

Thanks
Cagrı

untitled.JPG

Hi
Dont know about rule but one longer way would be:
If suppose u have used timer in STL, then see how many NOP are required in case of timers (First by making timer in Ladder and then switching to STL) like this make chart for all the other symbols and then implement in your conversion.

If success paste the chart over here :D

re

Let me explain the issue more clearly, C is counter in stl , ı do not specify any s, pv, r input and ı do not specify any cv and cv_bcd output , all of unspecified input and paremeter number is 5 so ı add 5 nop commands when converting from stl to ladder..

There are many other rules for stl to lad.
eg.
A(
)
0(
)
you need to ensure that And open & close brackets are correct.
some programmers also make segments too long i.e. instead of only having one output in a segment they do loads of logic that will not translate.
in this case insert a BLD255 where you need a segment end & when in ladder will convert.